View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
B1 OP
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,009
[QUOTE=JagLite;20407086]Looks great! Well, that seat needs attention but you know that. .... A skid plat/engine protection is a good idea even on gravel roads./QUOTE]

yep, definitely have to do something with the seat looks-wise. very comfortable though, and i could sit right up against the tank which centered the weight nicely. will be knocking up a basic bashplate this week.

did a 250 mile adventure ride yesterday, very happy with the way it handled dirt roads, it felt very stable and everything worked nicely. just as well, as a kangaroo decided to jump in front of me and i ran over its tail so was within about 12 inches of disaster on the maiden voyage.

just for the hell of it, i tackled some gnarly bits and quickly found the limitations of the suspension and all that weight but if figure a v-strom would have had the same issues. so she will definitely just be a dirt road beast. tried a few tracks with very soft sand and that wide front tire just rides on top of the sand but i wasn't game to get enough speed up so just paddled through like a noob.

very impressed with the SV650 engine, so much torque and in tight sections the twin would pull from idle in a way singles don't like to do. then 70 odd horsepower on tap when you are back on the bitumen. i don't know why suzuki detuned this engine for the v-strom, it was very tractable and predictable in all conditions.

B1 screwed with this post 01-22-2013 at 05:38 PM
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote