View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #31
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan

Oddometer: 6,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
About 10 years ago, when they were still being manufactured in Mexico, and sold for about $8000 brand new, I tried to find a way to bring a brand new air cooled VW Beetle into the U.S. I was tired of all the problems I was having with my old beat up rusted out bugs. Basically I was told "no how no way" They actually could be brought here, but could not be legally registered here. I think the EPA and DOT are a big part of the reason we don't get a lot of cool bikes here that you can get a lot of other places. It costs serious money to "certify" a vehicle for the U.S. market, that CT would likely have to have a disc brake, different turn signals, fuel injection, a catalytic exhaust, etc, etc. By the time they did all that it would cost way more than anyone would be willing to pay for it. And I'm afraid a Chinese copy would turn out like the Chinese clone of the Big Ruckus, basically junk. A real Honda CT110 is a bike you can count on to take you pretty much anywhere. Without breaking down.

Christ Jerry, is there no small bike you're not an 'expert' on..

YamaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote