View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #38
D R
----

Oddometer: 434
The fact that YOU are here posting the question on what to get HER brings one concern to mind.

Are you looking because YOU want her to do it or because SHE feels she is ready and is looking for something bigger?

If it's because of the latter, then there has been plenty of good advise offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRat View Post
  1. Decide on what type of riding you want to do. This dramatically narrows options from everything to a segment
  2. Decide on budget. Cuts down on options even further
  3. Sit on or even ride if possible everything out there that can be safely ridden. While you may not have many opportunities to ride I encountered not a single dealer that was against my sitting on everything in their shop when I asked permission
  4. Invest in a moto school like the ones Motorcycle Safety Foundation puts on. For beginner classes they furnish bikes up to 250 cc and you could theoretically ride several different bikes in a weekend on a course.
If it's because you want her to, the I recommend you don't do it. Too many times novice riders have been hurt by pushing them too far too fast.

If SHE is ready, then go for it.