View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #19627
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,127
Hig and I caged it in his SLK up to Springfield and then took the Metro to catch the last day of the MC show. I wasn't overly impressed with the show. I did buy the correct pin lock insert for my Arai which I installed when I got home. Took no pictures at the show because there really wasn't much of anything impressive. There was a scary Michael Jackson themed bike that disturbingly had MJ's eyes looking up at you from the back of the tank/crotch area.

There were a couple smaller bikes there I had not seen before like the Honda CB500X that will be coming to the US next year. The new GS and the new Triumph explorer look like clones of each other. We also saw at least two adventure pigs (a Honda and a triumph) that mounted the new ultimate adventure touring accessory. A small winch on the rear rack. Should of taken a picture.

Edit:found a link to web bike world where they noticed similar winches on a F800 at a different show. http://www.webbikeworld.com/lights/warn-hid-lights/

Rick's SLK seems like a nice car, but I don't know after today that it would be my first choice for a road trip.

jgiacobbe screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 04:15 PM Reason: added link to winch article
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote