View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
DuctTape
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood_55 View Post
Now you may have something going. Where did you order all this?? When is you kit coming in and when you gonna do it?? I wanna know more....
PM if you'd rather...
Most of the Racetech stuff is off of Amazon.com ($128 for the valve kit shipped) and the springs, remote bleeder and fork cap removal tool is from KTM twins.

I went with the Racetech G2 because it'll give me the ability to change port size by changing restrictor shim diameter. It also has the ability to preload the valving stack for dive control. http://racetech.com/page/title/Gold%20Valve%20Overview

Slaven racing has springs that are about $30 cheaper but I decided to start with Superplush since they have been well proven and if I'm not happy with the SP.64 I'll try a Slaven spring for giggles.

Since 98% of riding time is spent in the slow speed damping circuit and the biggest change in this circuit from a tuning standpoint is a change in fork oil viscosity I decided to go with Red Line. Redline has 5 different viscosities with a very high Viscosity Index. As stated above a change in viscosity will change the damping circuit so what I'm looking for as a rider is fork behavior that is the same throughout the ride beginning to the end regardless of temperature and I felt Redline will give me this once I find a weight or mixture I like the behavior of.

Anyway, everything is ordered and I'm just waiting on delivery to get started and at 51 it sounds like we might be looking for the same front end set up.

Oh yeah, I also have a 12 enduro high flexx bar I'll be installing.
2010 Ducati 1198S
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote