View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #23
WhicheverAnyWayCan OP
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLO LOBO View Post
Those are WP "Extreme's"... used in 1999 and 2000.

Inmate konflictmotorsports provided me with some custom springs for the ones I have on my 1981 R80G/S..... typically they do require re-valving for heavier bikes to work, but if you need to shorten they it is an easy job.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...hlight=extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymac530 View Post
WAWC,
I have to agree with Solo and Drjoe that those are WP Extremes 50mm.

I have spent the last 2 days looking at hundreds of pictures of WP Xs and what few pics I could find of the last version of the Marzocchis and I am 90% sure that yours are the late 90s KTM WP Xs and not the Marzocchis I thought they might have been.

Just to clarify, I am by no means the only person who has confussed the 2. The last versions of the both of those brands look VERY similar and I found adds for both brands for sale that even the owners were not sure what they had. KTM did use BOTH brands in the late 90s...even over lapping years.

I would still take them into a good KTM dealership to make that last 10% confirmation when you have a chance.

Thanx to others for helping ID these.
Thanks guys! The seller who sold me informed me that Marzocchi made WP Extreme for WP and he assured me that they are the same to just go with WP 50mm fork seals. And he advised me that if I google them up I would find the fact there. So I'll just go with WP Xtreme 50mm fork seals.
WhicheverAnyWayCan is offline   Reply With Quote