Old 01-07-2013, 01:42 AM   #51256
KyoXR
Clouds, Snow, Rain

Oddometer: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
This stator with this R/R.... right?
Yep on the R/R,

I don't think that is the right stator that you posted though...
that one might fit but It might only be rated for 200w instead of the one I got which is rated 300-320w,

I bought a new/rewound stator from
Ricks Motorsport electrics Inc, for $140.00 OTD, part# 21-119.(it fits a few different bikes-some are 1984-87 Honda VF700C Magna).

http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/...RIb25WRjcwMEM=

should be Honda part no. 31120-MK3-004, or 31120-MB1-024,(one part number supersedes the other)

Wait a sec? Did you not get that PM I sent you? or are you just double checking with the rest of the crew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
Not sure the Revloc works like a Rekluse, but with the Rekluse the clutch works the same. You have manual control.
well, mostly,..."you can can still “feed”, “fan”, “slip” or “pop” the clutch and do motocross style starts" but it's still not a "direct link" if you will,(barring clutch slip) , you can't bump start the bike without making a adjustment to the clutch which some models requires tools and then make another adjustment to continue riding once the engine fires(which is something to think about on a electric start bike and your battery goes dead) and if you stall on a hill the bike free rolls,(hence one of the reasons why the bar mount rear brake is popular and yes A bike can and does stall even with the Rekluse), more then likely I would be completely happy with a Rekluse and knowing me I would keep the clutch lever active and add a rear brake lever kit(If Rekluse ever makes one for our bikes), when I typed the previous post I had forgotten that the Rekluse had that ability, the guy with the Rekluse in his KTM 450 didn't have any clutch lever set up, he had it set for the rear brake,
another positive aspect to the Rekluse is it will make your counter shaft last longer by reducing shock loads.
My motorcycle is 5000 times faster then a centipede!

KyoXR screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 03:09 AM
KyoXR is offline   Reply With Quote