View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #945
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocet View Post
Thanks for the reply about the collar hook on the Sand 2 jacket. I saw that feature on your video about the snaps that hold the under-zipper storm flap back and thought that might be a great feature along with the collar hooked open. Without the collar hook I'm not sure its an improvement at all, especially since the neck area receives more wind than the chest area (where the new feature is) on a bike with a windshield. I think I would still want to unsnap my collar even with the new feature on a hot day. I was leaning towards getting a Sand 2 but now I think I may stay with my old Sand jacket. Tell Rev'it they are making a mistake by eliminating the collar hook. It was one of the nice features that set their jackets apart from their competition.
Hi Avocet,

I agree, for a premium offering like the Sand 2 jacket, I was sad to see it eliminated. I failed to mention in my previous post the increase of airflow on the new Sand 2. REV'IT! claims an increase of airflow by a staggering 200% over the original. This is achieved by increasing the length of the arm vents that now terminate at the bicep as opposed to the Sand jacket arm vents that ended below the elbow. The chest vents are slightly larger, but now include a snap back to hold the panel open and direct more air at the body. For us touring folks who sit behind a windscreen, the arm vents are the major plus here, but it will be interesting to see how folks respond once the weather gets warm. I have the original Sand jacket, but typically don't use it in hot weather.
All in, this is a nice upgrade over the original with the compatibility with the new products like the cooling vest, the HV vest, CE L2 back protection option and hook-ups for a neck brace. Come June 2013, we'll be curious to see what folks think about airflow and no collar catch back.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote