View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #24
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladukebob View Post
Me and my bike got to do some things on that "troad" we had never done before. Like getting over a few downed trees on the fully loaded Adventure that were way bigger then the clearance on the bike. I found myself in a place I'd never been and was excited and nervous at the same time. With the gentle slap on the back by others and a little motivational encouragement I got over those obstacles with little problem. I now know I can do that

You can ride and play it safe and never push the limits or you can ride with guys/galls that will push you just that little bit that turns you into a better rider.

Had a blast on that ride
I searched very hard to find the roads & troads that were very much like the best sections of the OBCDR (Oregon BackCountry Discovery Route),
and to skip it's sometimes longish pavement connectors and replace them with more dirty & fun roads.
I'm thinking that is the reason most of you are looking at this thread,...TO BE CHALLENGED !!

I also wanted ALL types/sizes of bikes to have FUN.
I was a bit apprehensive about sending SIXTEEN riders on KTM 950/990 Adventures (and one on a 690) through the original sections of some of these old roads.

I knew we would have riders of all different abilities, and all on loaded-for-camping fully laden bikes.
NOT ONE of these KTMs fell down in this section of the Old Grasshopper Road pictured above.
I rode Sweep, at the end to collect any mishaps, and there were NONE!!!
(excepting the one pannier knocked off by a downed tree )

I know there was at least a couple of those riders that admitted being new to Big Bike ADV-Type riding,....
....and they all MADE IT, and they all had FUN!!
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote