View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #51
A-Bone
Indubitably

Oddometer: 12,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGinAZ View Post
I have a 2011 Golf TDi (six speed manual) that just turned 36,000 miles. Mine has been upgraded quite a bit with a set of H&R springs/Bilstein sport shocks, APR swaybars, GTi brake setup with 12.3" front rotors and upgraded pads and lines and an Audi S3 factory short shift kit.

I also just recently performed the APR Stage I ECU flash that brought the horsepower up to 173 wheel horsepower from 143 and the torque to 297 from 251. These motors like all of the others that VW has released in the past 12 years is under-rated from stock and the transformation is very pleasant and certainly closes the gap between a TDi and a GTi.

My car has been perfect without any hiccups, squeaks or rattles. The only challenge with the Sportwagen is that it is a funny blend of the MkV and Mk6 platform so there are some asthetic things in the interior that I prefer my car for.. but nothing so significant that I would not buy it.
Sweet...

I should really look into getting some more power out of mine... but really... I drive like an old man 99% of the time so it prolly isn't worth it...

I'm going to end up with a highway-cruiser and a sportier car I think... but which two... First world problems man... first world problems...
A-Bone is online now   Reply With Quote