View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #15
Sticky Throttle
Happy wanderer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph0rk View Post

I'm not seeing a problem, other than the OP referring to motorcycling as a "sport".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
And unless you are racing, motorcycle is not a sport, it's a hobby. Barry
Curious--why is motorcycling not a sport? Does that mean if you don't play competitive golf (as in, for money, on the PGA Tour), it's not a sport? Or is running not a sport unless you are in a formal race/competition? Or is Chess a sport IF it's in a formal tournament?

It's no big deal cuz I don't know you and am a big boy who sees things a little more broadly and respectfully. Having been or now being a racer is cool. Even so, unless you're Roger DeCoster, Barry Sheene, or you didn't get enough attention as a child and now need validation, these seem like narrow characterizations for a lot of people on here who share our motorcycling passion. (Oh, and I was a motocross racer at a younger age, which hopefully qualifies my comment and secures my status as a non-poseur.)

Oh, and to the point, I think the health or the motorcycle industry in the US is a bit threatened by post-babyboomer demographics, current economic doldrums, and the smaller discretionary income (than 10 years ago) in the hands of those under 40.

Hope to see you on the road sometime...
Sticky Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote