View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #8381
LisaS
Dubious Adventurer

Oddometer: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamperBob View Post
LisaS, woot!

Her post got me thinking about the mighty XT225's run over the model years. It occurred to me there should be a Wiki page. Then I checked and by golly somebody did stub one out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_XT_225

I'm thinking we could flesh out that page. The color scheme changed just about every model year so a set of such pix might be a nice contribution. Visitors might also appreciate a link to this thread and other forums. I'll put it on my to-do list. Any other takers?
I kinda liked the colors on the 95 after I got used to them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserteagle56 View Post
Lisa, I had a 1992 XT225 for many years and many, many miles. A great, super-dependable bike but I started worrying about the miles I had on it. It was either do a complete rebuild or find one with fewer miles. As luck would have it, shortly thereafter I found a 2007 with only 247 miles on the odometer and sold the 1992. Now, I live at 4400 feet in elevation and most of my riding starts there and goes up to around 12,000 feet - so I was surprised to find how lean the 2007 ran, even at those altitudes. If whoever owned that bike before you did has not done it yet, you might want to read up on what it takes (pretty simple fix, really) to rejet the carburetor and have it run like it should. Lots of good information on this site and over on XT225.com.
Jet kit and some other parts have already arrived. Have re-registered over xt225.com. Hopefully can start tearing her down this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoein View Post
Hey CamperBob. Went out in the shop and looked at the front tire of Lisa's new xt. Looks like a stock rim with a worn out tire to me. The new parts are starting to roll in. New jets, tires, fenders, bars, handguards, tail light, turn signals, pegs are a few of the mods.
Thanks for covering while I was away!
tent space
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote