View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #90
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Dakar Race report- Johnny Campbell stage 3. Pisco to Nazca.
Special 242km
Liaison 95km
Well things did not go as planned today. Early in the stage the bike developed a hesitation that seemed to be fuel system related. I wasn't sure so I did an examination on the bike and everything seemed to be in order. Pizzolito stopped but he could do nothing for me so I sent him on to follow Helder without me. The race continued without me as I would have to wait for a my extremely fast, bright orange, Support vehicle, piloted by none other than the fastest 4-wheel driver in the desert, Robby Gordon and his Navigator Kellon Walsh. They kindly dropped off a care package that would get me back going. After 20 or so more minutes of repair I was back underway.
But instead of racing with 2- wheel vehicles I found my self smack dab in the middle of the Garbage truck race!!
And man let me tell you, these guys are the gnarliest drivers out there. I couldn't believe what I saw happening right before my eyes. These guys drive trucks, BIG trucks over the softest, steepest dunes that makes me pucker on a bike! The course turned south to a quick beach run, where yes I popped a wheelie for my homies. :) Everything was all good till about 40km from the finish where the bike started acting up again. I nursed it in the rest of the way. I was sure glad to have made it to the bivouac where my HRC crew took quickly to the bike to get it dialed in for the next stage. Stage 4 will be 720km almost 500 miles!! Yikes!
Got go finish my road book!
Adios for now,
Love,
Johnny

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA

Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13