View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #56
green hell
yawning or snarling

Oddometer: 19,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Spike View Post
I posted this in another thread, but at about 40k, my 2011 sport wagon dies in the middle lane of I45 at 70 mph traffic in the middle of Houston rush hour. Had it towed to the dealership, it was still under the power train warranty. Picked it up and the cost of repair was $5,700 to replace the fuel pump. This was on top of the $1,700 ac compressor that went out at 20k. The Kelley blue book on the car is about $20k trade last time I looked.

I have never seen 40 mpg. I average about 38 on my 80 mile a day round trip commute. I run about 75 or 80 with the AC on.

I have about 45k on it now, I will get rid of it before the power train warranty expires at 50k. Mine is fun to drive, but i just don't trust it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer90 View Post
HPFP failure. Here is a 327 page thread on the issue http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=308323
that happened to my aunt's as well. vw blamed bad diesel, but the station where the fuel was purchased reported no other issues. before my uncle got involved vw was trying to charge them the $5~7k for the repairs.

they love the car, but they don't trust it.

needless dickery
green hell is offline   Reply With Quote