View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #8384
Lizrdbrth
Wackjob

Oddometer: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by woofer2609 View Post
Check post #8065, you may have done this already. I can confirm that with a few mods the ttr225 wheel will fit an xt225. If the hubs share the same parts numbers on the ttr230 and ttr225, and the xt225 and tw200 share the same exact rear hub, then indeed, you are in business. Just check the parts fiche on one of the mailorder places (Cheap Cycle Parts, etc.) for parts #'s. #8065 has a link to an earlier post that describes the process in more detail if they do indeed match.
Keep us in the loop.
Thanks. I asked at the time but got no response.

The fiche are pretty funky line drawings. Not much detail, prolly because there isn't much need for it. Unfortunately your post doesn't include didn't a pic within the swingarm. I can't tell how far outboard the slot is in the brake plate.

The TW rear brake drum is removable without unlacing the wheel and the larger 130mm TW front drum can be bolted to the rear hub with a couple of mods if the right 130mm backing plate can be sourced. Unfortunately the only TW's to ever wear 130mm rear brakes were Euro TW125's which were never sold here.

Go figger. Yamaha puts the big brakes on the slow bike. Just like the way they treated you guys. They put the least effective rear brake on the street version.

Anyway at least the brake shoes are common to both swaps. Don't wanna accumulate a bucketful of doorstops in the search for a backing plate if anyone has pics. Just need a quick visual.

Lizrdbrth screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 11:54 PM
Lizrdbrth is offline   Reply With Quote