View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #1769
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpioskorpio View Post
Probably 99.5% of flattracker XL350s are either '74-75 sideport bikes or '76-78 centerport bikes. Maxed out one of these engines can be bored and stroked out to just shy of 500cc and eek past 50hp.
I saw one here in town recenly done by Bare Bones Machine that had been bored and stroked to 500cc. It had an external oil line to the head because the bore was so big it obstructed the internal oil passage.

Thanks for the XL350 info. I briefly considered building one, but I think I have too much on my plate right now. So here is one from VFT that I found recently if anyone's interested:

Honda XL350

I have a 1976 Honda XL 350 with a clean title. I'm a new rider and I thought this would be a good first bike for me, but it just hasn't worked out like I planned.The bike was running on a daily basis up until about a month ago, but now I can't get it started at all. I don't know what's wrong with it. I've decided to cut my losses so I can find something else, with electric start, that's better suited for me. This bike needs someone mechanically inclined who has experience with vintage motorcycles. Austin Texas

$1495 OBO Serious Inquiries and Cash Only!

bess.gershowitz@gmail.com

December 31
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote