View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 01:41 AM   #64
aussie ttoad
T.T.O.A.D

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn Spock View Post
I recently purchased a near new 2012 Wee with 6000 kms on it. My other bike is a Kawasaki ZX6R. Hoon bike, literally.

Anyway, I was in the market for a true adventure tourer. Ability to do highways, haul reasonable amounts of luggage, comfortable, capable of taking off road and reasonable dirt. I mulled over a KLR650 for ages and ended up getting the Strom. The Strom, as others have said is a very versatile bike. It does a lot of things well, but excels at nothing.

You can't ride the Dakar on it; at the same time you cannot enter corners in the twisties at 140 kmph because it is a not an R1. But you can get on it, and ride around the country, carry your luggage and tent, ride across a forest, a creek and have a ball.

On the road, it doesn't look exciting. Its an older guy looking bike. You will even receive little to no attention from cops (which is a good thing). Nobody notices a Strom because they're just ordinary looking, feeling. It will also never get stolen. BUT its a cracking bike.

I recently rode through a state forest and on the way back did some sealed twisty roads. On the twisty roads, I caught up to some super sport bike riders on Suzuki GSX-Rs, fully kitted with all race gear and shit. The Strom made them look ordinary. On the other hand, I rode with enduro bikes in the forest on easy gravel roads and 4x4 tracks.

What more can you ask a motorcycle to do?
Same! I too came from a ZX6R, and agree with what you said. The Wee is a great all round bike. Have done everything with mine and it has not let me down once. Very easy bike to own
aussie ttoad is offline   Reply With Quote