View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:13 AM   #3
TN3Sport OP
East TN DS Rider

Oddometer: 171
yeah, Thanks. I did a little more grinding to ensure the angles were correct after removing the 1 inch sections. I just wanted to keep this write up brief.
I thought about putting a larger foot on the stand but haven't really had an issue with the one that is on there in the environments I ride in. If was in a sandy area like FL or the coast, yeah, but its mostly rocky and hardpack surfaces around here. That's an easy mod if I ever need to make it.
I sanded off the paint about midway up the kickstand and attached my ground at that point. Thus, providing a close ground connection.

Disconnecting the battery when welding seems to be one of those hotly debated issues with two divided opinions. I figured the battery would be ok leaving connected figuring automobiles and bikes are welded on all the time w/o disconnecting the battery. However, I got the suggesting to remove the battery from a welding video. Figured it wouldn't hurt to remove it. On these bikes, its literally a two minute disconnect. Plus, these bikes are known to have very sensitive CDI units that are prone to failure and know one seems to know why. I didn't want to take any chances. I disconnected it.

The reason I wrote this up is that there are numerous lowering links in aftermarket. I had 5 different brands to choose from. Seems like they all suggest lowering the kickstand after the install, but none suggest how.
It was a fun little project on a day when the weather was no good for riding.

TN3Sport screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 05:26 AM
TN3Sport is offline   Reply With Quote