View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #61
CHAPIN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Explorador View Post
Hola everyone, displaced Guatemalan finally back in mi tierra here and loving it!

Looking to replace the rear on my KLR650, I got a quote for about 160 US for a rear Heidenau. I understand chinese tires are pretty popular and cheap here... I've gotten pretty handy replacing tires (and you can imagine how fun that is on tubeless heide's...) so I don't need longevity as much as value.

Any suggestions? At the moment it still seems like the heide is my best bet, I'll be doing more road than off on the way down to Panama I reckon.

I'm hanging out in Guatemala city for a while getting everything together, and then will spend some time cruising around the country - I want to get to Semuc, Mirador, Candelaria, Coban, and all the fun stuff in between. Anything I'm missing on the way in that loop?

If I've got the bike in one piece next time y'all head out I'd love to join in, I'll be watching the thread!
Suzuki dealer has some good tires at cheap prices. You can get Kenda tires at Repuestos Total, they have a store next to Torre del Reformador.

Also, if you need any tools just send me a message, I'll be more than glad to set you up.