View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #1623
GuiltyParty
drifter

Oddometer: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burren Rider View Post
Its funny how a new bike with new capabilities can really fire you up to go riding again.

It was your combination of tyres (E09 Dakar rear and MX-71 front) that got me playing around in the mud ALOT more. It's been really wet in the UK and without these tyres the bike would be sitting in the garage. I'd been using a K60 on the rear but they simply just don't cut it in the mud...fish tailing all over the shop so forget about doing any sort of hill climbs with them.

I used the K60's in Morocco and they handled everything superbly, even the fesh fesh with full pressure if I didn't stop...but in the mud they're complete crap.

Thanks for the tips Burren. Since your post I've added the rear mud flap, a R&G shock sock and the fender extender which is absolutely essential. I'm tempted now to put some type of screen around the front of the bash plate to stop build up...I had the bike in some knee deep ruts aka tank trap and the amount of shit it collected trying to plough through was phenomenal...I was actually starting to get worried about a fire

Cheers