View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #64
richsuz OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catours View Post
Great shots Richard! I can first-hand second this advice. Just went for a great ride around the HueHue/Quiche/Alta Verapaz regions and fell in love with Guatemala all over again!

Check out the ride report in progress here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852672
Thanks Chris. Right back at you! I would love to have a RR with expense details as yours, but this vacation was a family outing and expense records were not a priority. We stayed in three locations only, classified as as "posadas rurales". I highly recommend all three of them for different reasons...

Posada Rural Finca Chaculá (Huehuetenango): is a Community owned/run hotel. NO electricity, Gas lamps are used for ilumination. Running hot water, fireplace, breakfast included. Q150 pp. As remote as you can get with easy access road. All proceeds go directly to Community improvement and Isaias (the current manager) is also the auxiliary mayor. Wonderful and friendly host. If you are interested in a local guide for touring the region, I recommend you ask for Rocael Perez. What a fun guy/guide to hang with.

Posada Rural Unicornio Azul (Huehuetenango): is a very fancy hotel (in terms of posadas rurales), were you can ride horses as well. from Q130 to Q230 pp. Breakfast included. The place is very cold, no fireplace, but hot waterbags are provided to warm up the beds.

Finca Mil Amores (Quiché): is a working Milk farm where the famous Chancol Cheese is produced. Wonderful location near Nebaj. Four bungalow, hot water, fireplace, GREAT and abundant meals and INCREDIBLE hosts. MY FAVORITE PLACE in GUATEMALA!!! Been there five times in one year...Q150 pp, Breakfast Q45 (worth every bite, farm produced milk, cream, butter, eggs and you can taste the difference amongst the three places) Q55 lunch and Q45 dinner.

NO WIFI at any location....
richsuz is offline   Reply With Quote