View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #15
NJ-Brett
Brett

Oddometer: 6,215
Well, I had x rays, and asked the foot doctor about heel spurs, as I had so much pain, I thought it had to be something sharp in there.
I also had it in both feet, and it started quite suddenly.
It got so bad, it was hard to walk, and got worse when I was off my feet for a while.

The foot doctor told me to get the inserts, the brand to get, and where to get them, and after wearing them a few weeks I was cured 100%.

The inserts are not expensive, so its worth a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
I went for Xrays. My feet looked like pteradactyl claws, with hooks in the back and in front of the heels. Looks gruesome. But the doc said, they usually only get so bad, then stop getting worse, your shoe holds them and keeps them contained. Or I could get cut on, the podiatrist said they would cut the tendon from the muscle on my calf, and re-attach it where it isn't so tight across the heel, and would grind the spur down. Down for 1-4 months depending on how well I heal. Fuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkk that. I just wear my Danner boots, plus my doc told me to never go barefoot, which I did/do all the time, and always wear shoes where my heel is elevated. It's a pretty consistent pain, not really bad most of the time, just constant.
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote