View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #8386
BroncoDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canadian View Post
I recently messed around with the snorkel, thankfully I had a few snorkels laying around and could experiment with. Power was best with the snorkel completely removed but it was loud. Second best was with the section inside the air box removed and the top part installed backwards. Added a little intake noise but not much and with the helmet on I could hardly tell the difference. Pretty much any mod of the snorkel will add some sound so if you are completely against added noise you are best to leave it as is.
What size jet should be used with snorkel removed or modified?I put a 130 in today, couldn't believe how much quicker it warmed up without a choke. Went for a very short ride with snorkel intact. Seemed to run better than it did stock. Then went for ride with air filter cover removed, seemed to run about the same. I expected it not to run well with it one way or the other. My road is covered with snow so these have been short rides. I'm about to put on riding gear and attempt longer ride with 130 and snorkel removed.
BroncoDave is offline   Reply With Quote