View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #32326
TerraUnFirma
Fair/Not Balanced

Oddometer: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by gxshrimp View Post
Looking for some advice... I currently own a DRZ400SM and love riding it as my street bike. This summer however I want to get into dirt biking as well. I thought about getting dirt wheels for the DRZ, but it really is a top heavy and big bike, and I want to be able to ride tight woods trails with my buddies on their real dirt bikes. I don't have a truck to haul a non plated dirt bike. I am completely new to dirt biking. I've also looked at the Husky TE250 but it seems like too much bike for a beginner.

Is the WR250R the right fit? Can I set it up for woods riding? Am I crazy to have a DRZ and WR in the garage???!?

Edit: The WR isn't that much lighter than the DRZ but people say it feels way lighter? It carries it weight lower? Can anyone comment who's owned both?
I have both and the WRR definitely feels lighter, turns quicker, the stock suspension is better and it's a lot more fun in tight stuff, but it's still not what I'd call a great woods bike. As you're new to dirt riding, you may take a while to outgrow it.

As for being crazy to have a WRR and DRZ in the garage...I think I'd best not cast any stones! You're only crazy if you can't afford it or have a wife and kids that have needs not being met. Otherwise, you can never have too many bikes...

Cheers,
'06 Suzuki DRz400s
'08 Yamaha WR250R
TerraUnFirma is offline   Reply With Quote