View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #4244
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Thanks for that. I didn't know the Sachs units were 16 level adjustable like the Ohlins.

So....is there any adjustment that can be made to Skyhook to change it's active bit? Like "react more slowly", or "react more quickly"? Or is it fixed at whatever magic the factory sets it to?

-SM
others will surely answer, but from what i've read, there are three (3) settings within each riding mode, soft, medium, and hard (i don't know the exact terminology). so in a sense, yes, the damping can be altered/adjusted within each mode, at least that's what i believe to be true. does it offer umpteen number of compression and rebound clicks to choose from? i don't think so. is the ride ultimately controlled by the Skyhook suspension "brain?" by the sounds of it, yes, and apparently it does a pretty decent job. what one gives up (if anything) by moving to the Skyhook suspension is yet to be seen (i think).

add: i didn't see your comment re: the 16 levels of adjustability originally, and i failed to clearly read ten.98's earlier comment..........i don't think that the Skyhook offers the same wide range (16 clicks) of adjustability like the Ohlins DES offers, i may be wrong here. I was stating that it made logical sense to me for a test rider to like the same or prefer the Skyook suspension given it's automatic adjustability/adaptability over that of an Ohlins DES kit left in its factory settings.

oalvarez screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 05:36 PM
oalvarez is online now   Reply With Quote