View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #226
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainsandRivers View Post
I am also curious about the kid aspect. Considering having my boys out for some of this. They would be on quads and i would need to see what the actual rules are for the trails. They are 5 and 8 and do ride on their own, usually at Peach Valley, but my oldest did ride all of Last Dollar Rd when he was 5 on a crf50. If there was a fun, easy trail ride that would be legal for them to do, they would be all for it!
Good call on the food, eliminating breakfast helps get local businesses supported, and also might help some rides get out earlier. Would a morning coffee station be a possibility still?
Looking forward to this again and still working on plans for a one day epic singletrack day. With our current lack of snow, scouting early to see if it is feasible shouldn't be a problem!

There is a staging area just east of main street where one can haul the unplated bikes and quads. Unfortunately, Silverton is a community that has outlawed unplated on their streets.....even back streets, despite the fact that a snowmobile can run down main street in the winter. If anyone were so inclined, you should send a 'nice and professional' email to the Mayor and Chamber of Commerce in Silverton. Be nice though.....just state that it would be more convenient to shop and eat and spend your money.

Yes.....the coffee station will be on steroids this year. We will put one 60 cup on a timer to start brewing at 5am. We will have two or three of these beastly coffee makers. It will wake everyone up and get ya goin.....

There is great single track to the west. Hop over Black Bear and scoot west of Terruride......and it rocks up there....
Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote