View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #498
RedRockRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertwater View Post
The honeymoon trail is hit or miss. It depends greatly on recent weather and the number of atvs that have been up it since that weather. The whole way up is loose gravel with a sprinkling of "baby head" rocks just to keep it interesting. There are two area with substantial rock bands crossing the trail that require good ledge technique as well as some off camber riding skills. If its monsoon season or after a heavy rain forget about it for a few weeks as it becomes severely rutted from runoff. I ride it regularly on my 690 and have been both up and down it on my old 800GS with no issues. That said if you are not comfortable riding the type of terrain described above stick to Warner Valley or the upper plateau. If you are comfortable I strongly recommend it. Not only does the top offer a fantastic view of the lower valley it opens up quite a lot of riding on top.
Thanks, Desertwater! Excellent intel on the Honeymoon Trail, obviously your backyard! I've been "on top" but only briefly. I'll have to take a long look around out that way. Beautiful area. See you out there riding.

RedRockRider - WR250R, TW200, Versys, Vulcan 900 LT, Zuma 125

Southwest Utah: Dual Sport Riding from St. George
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725976
RedRockRider is offline   Reply With Quote