Old 01-09-2013, 03:44 AM   #5
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 296
You can also use a ktm690r screen:
KTM Part Number(s): 75008065044

Assembly is as follows:

1. Paste your whole cockpit except your lamp with painting tape;
2. Hold the glass at the right height, pushing it against the shell so that all four holes are flat against the base pressed on.
3. Mark the holes on the painters tape with a felt pen. It is important for the glass as high as possible to assemble. The top 2 holes sit with me about 1cm below the upper edge of the coaming. This is important because the lower holes in this way, exactly above the mounting bracket which are located on the rear part of the fairing located. Measure this several times carefully, so that he sits in the middle and at the right height. For this I have 4 or 5 times removed of the bowl from the counter, the 4 screws from the top cover counter to loosen.
4. The scary part .... You stand with the drill in your hand for a virgin nice cockpit section .... for drilling with 4mm, then 6.8 and finally 10mm.Ik have first made ​​the top 2 holes and each hole after the window for monitored to determine that I was not the lead.
5. Removing paint tape.
5. Install the 4 rubber "Threaded Inserts" and then the window with the screws and washers securing.
6. Attaching the counter plate.
7. Drive it.