View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #32371
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
I think the WR is perfect for that mission.....the extra weight/beefy subframe/350 watts of juice works in your favor.......my gut feeling is that the KTM 350F-XC-W is better suited to 3-4 day "travel light/fast" dualsport loops where the majority of the riding is off road......and that suits my primary riding style/mission......picking the bike up this Friday......boxes of farkle "stuff" arriving at the doorstep

If my mission statement was multiweek trips that involve ~25%+ slab component and/or commuting .......I'd be shopping for a replacement WR....
Thanks, the maintenance, parts locally if needed and notably BigDogs build/miles make me really think I am pointed at the right bike for my current needs. Also looking at a Terra and realize they are not comparable, but price new/new is hard NOT to look at the Terra as it would still do what I asked. I don't do gnarly single track/jump anyway. Dealer network is not close as well as parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
If I rode my 530 up to it's potential very often,the tire wouldnt last a day.
Its more about having the smooth fun excess of power and enjoying the ride. For just a scenic cruise I would take my DR650 anyway.
Floating the occasional low rpm wheelie off a 4th gear corner is so much fun on a fast big bore that it becomes an addiction. The 530 excels at it.
The DRZe400 I had was too much like a sewing machine,no snap,truly odd handling and seating/standing position,revving the guts out of a bike and still going slow gets old.
I absolutely hated the DRZ after coming from an uncorked Husky 610.

I want to ride a WRR this spring and see if it speaks to me, if so I will begin a hunt for a lightly used and farkled unit.
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote