View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #84
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,819
You talkin' to me?

I already have decided to go with Old Man Emu. I have never heard anything bad about them from anyone with a 4Runner. So, shocks front and rear, steering stabilizer, coil springs for the rear, and probably ball joint spacers or whatever they are called so I do not have to crank the torsion bar that much if at all.

This is assuming I can get the 4X4 to work first before dumping any money into the suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyjohnny View Post
I have done a few custom lift jobs in the past and have a friend that does this as a business. He can't even begin to tell you how many guys bring their brand new trucks (for everyday use) in to him to have them lifted to fit bigger tires and then a year or so later they are back to have him take it off. He does some phenomenal work and does not build anything that is not drivable. "if you can't drive it to get to the trail, then why build it" is what I hear him say alot.

All that being said, look into an Ol Man Emu kit. They are one of the more Toyota specific suspension companies out there. They have stuff for old Land Cruisers, 4 Runners, and the newer model stuff. While you are at it get some bumpers on that thing. ARB bumpers is what I would suggest.

On the MOG... Those are bad ass. I wouldn't mess with it except to keep it going.

Here is a link to my 1980 CJ http://j.b5z.net/zirw/5/i/u/2123557/...1603.jpg?ab=39 as a reference.