View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #21
duncanmac OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Wink Delorme Inreach Satellite Tracker

My better half is a little anxious about being in the middle of nowhere and me becoming incapacitated. How does she get help? Peace of mind comes with something like a satellite tracker and Delorme seems to be the best on offer for the personal user. BUT.....

For reasons I am still trying to explore, Delorme has different plans for different countries. The USA Seasonal Plan is exactly what I am after in terms of service offering and price yet when I went to open my account my computer was directed to the website of the Australian agent, Pivotel. This is where my blood pressure started to rise and my pills did not bring it down again.

The offering via Pivotel does not include a seasonal plan and those which are and match the Delorme plans are stingier and cost a great deal more, in the main. The Basic plan being the worst offender.

My questions as to why this is so have been answered with what appear to be guesses. As a banker involved in credit assessment and decisioning for corporations, I have a pretty good grasp on what impacts costing and so far all respondees have failed. If I ever get an acceptable answer I will post it here.

Delorme will give me a USA plan if I can give them a USA credit card with a USA address. The latter is easy and the former is more difficult, but I am working on it. There are plan's B and C and I WILL NOT be robbed by Pivotel Australia.

Any suggestions as to the best mount, or should I just put it in my tank bag?

PS Thanks ceej, for explaining how to post photos.
duncanmac is offline   Reply With Quote