View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #60
CJBDRdude
Dirtyrider

Oddometer: 226
I have a 2000 640E that I picked up 1 year ago for $2600. It had 4800 original miles on the odo. I sold my 2000 DR650 for $3200 - not bad. A little profit never hurt right? Even if I sold the DR to a Priest! I have other KTMs, but didn't realize how much I didn't like the DR until I rode the 640. I've also ridden a 690(08 Model) and prefer the more dirt-worthy 640 over the 690. The 640 happened to have the suspension done by the previous owner(same weight as me) as well as other upgrades and I got about $1000. worth of extras. I like my 640 so much, I don't ride my set-up V Strom 650 that much anymore. Besides, I'm an offroad guy and everyone knows Stroms are just streetbikes with a high pipe! Anyway, a year of dual sport riding with a buddy who happens to have the same model year 640E and three rear Metzeler Karoos later.. I'm lovin my girl more every time I ride her. In my opinion, if you can find one..buy it. These bikes are fairly rare(at least in my neck of the woods) and I was lucky to find mine in almost showroom condition. I'll keep her for an extra long time.. even if I got the silver version... I bleed orange too!
CJBDRdude is offline   Reply With Quote