View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #1978
DavidD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbarlow View Post
Yeah-- just like all the Dakar keyboard commandos here said-- an overweight pantywaist pos
Ha - who you callin' a 'Dakar keyboard commando'?!?

Oh...........................................I guess that's me as I was a Royal Marine Commando, I raced in the last African Dakar in 2007 and I'm tapping away on a keyboard now.....................

But no hard feelings and I very much agree with your sentiment. People are saying things about the new bike and doubting its abilities on the dirt etc all just based on a few pics and stats

I suggest we all just take a deep breath and relax. Dirt bikes are in KTMs DNA, that's why I love my 990 and I trust that the 1190R will be just fine - so much so I have ordered mine.

Soon enough there will be lots of ride reports and bike magazine comparison tests and you can trust the KTM will be the benchmark when it comes to any off-road test.

And for all are US cousins across the pond, console yourselves that we will iron all the bugs out in the first year and you get the benefit of the second build run whenever KTM turns on that part of production again.

Keep the faith, change is good..................
Ducati 998S
DavidD is offline   Reply With Quote