View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #6943
Carlos M
www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer: 2,852
Ufff - Finally catched up again. Great posts last night! Thanks for telling your stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
So, the advantage of the GPS odo is that it automatically corrects itself. I found myself using it more and more heavily as the rally progressed.

The drawback is that you can't increment or decrement it if you get lost...
Thanks for your reply, Ned. So the GPS Odo is always visible on the Unik screen? Do you have to fumble pressing keys to make it visible? In aany case that's great, even if you can't increment/decrement. Having a cue to calibrate your roadbook mileage directly in kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8340SU View Post
dakar com

Faria: from a racing point of view it's better, because I will have less time to wait for Cyril, who must have finished in third place.
Confusing. Today seemed to confirm my theory that Faria has been released of watercarrier duty. But at the finish line today he says we'll have to wait for CD tomorrow??? If we wasn't released why did they let him ride loose two stages?? Weird.

On the alleged Marathon - pit stops at the refuelling points??? WTF?? El Dakaro is OK, the race is on, 450's are great, blah blah blah. But this is not right. It's plain stupid.

MotoXplorers.com
Carlos M is offline   Reply With Quote