View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #6944
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Jordi Viladoms has experienced its worst day since starting the Dakar 2013. What at first was assumed as a great day, ended up becoming a nightmare for the pilot of Igualada. After completing the first part of the race in fourth place, finished 38th due to a fault in his Husqvarna TE 449 RR in the final stretch.

After five stages following a conservative approach, Viladoms has decided to move to the attack on the sixth lap, held today between Arica and Calama, with 438 km of special divided into two sectors. In the first, the Spaniard has made a strong showing, coming to shoot third ahead of Chilean Francisco Lopez. At intermediate career has been in fourth, 2'37 "of then interim leader, Portuguese Paulo Goncalves.

The impasse created by the link between one sector and another does not sit well with Jordi or, rather, his Husqvarna TE 449 RR. Upon resumption of the special stage, the bike has begun to fail right from the first few miles, forcing Viladoms to slow your pace to get to the goal.

"Today I felt it was the day of attack and all was well until the stretch neutralized. From there, has begun to fail the motorcycle and stopped pulling. I have decided to stand up to change the injector, but still did not exceed 70 km / h. edge. As barely know the mechanics of the Husqvarna I preferred not to touch anything else and focus all my efforts to reach the goal as quickly as possible, "he explained.

The pilot said from Chile that "we were doing a good race and the strategy was correct but some things, such as mechanics, you can not control." Meanwhile, David Clap your mechanic had set to work to find the cause of the fault and fix it tomorrow.

Anyway, Jordi Viladoms not throw in the towel and maintains its firm intention to do battle with the top finishers in how much is left of Dakar: "It is clear that the objectives have changed, but will continue to compete every day to recover all the ground as possible and move up. "
8340SU is offline   Reply With Quote