View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #950
CreatureCore
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by texmawby View Post
Jeez, I guess I'll step in here. About the collar catch.....I don't know why you aren't satisfied with it, as there are a lot of riders here and elsewhere that are happy with it. Actually, the inspiration of the collar catch was from listening to the inmates here at ADVrider which led us to design that feature. Riders commented that they liked our flexisnap neck adjuster, but wanted to ride with their collar open and to eliminate the flapping.....suddenly we had an epiphany, and viola, the collar catch was designed.

I'm also confused on why you aren't confident in our Powershell Textile. Do you know what our Powershell is, what yarns we are using, and what weaving processes we are using? For your information, we have our own testing lab at the REV'IT! International HQ, and our own Martindale Abrasion Testing Machine, so we are confident in the quality of textiles (and their abrasion resistance) we use to create the REV'IT! Collections of apparel.

In my opinion, your comparison of the REV'IT! Dragon Jacket to the new REV'IT Sand2 Jacket is pretty naive if you base it solely on Codura vs Powershell and where those materials are used in the construction of the jackets. It is also incorrect if you think that a denier number is consistent in various yarns tensile strength. Also you are incorrect when you state that REV'IT! has stopped using Codura.

For what it's worth....when I compare two competing products I look at materials, features, innovations, fitment, and style aesthetic. I see more value in the new Sand2 over the old Dragon Jacket, but I am a bit biased....mainly because I'm immersed in all things REV'IT!

I'm glad that you are a fan of the Teiz products. REV'IT! is honored at the inspiration we continually create in the motorcycling apparel industry. We will continue to innovate good, clean designs, and hopefully we can reignite your passion for the REV'IT! brand.

If you have more questions, feel free to PM me and we'll take a further discussion offline.

Cheers,

Tex Mawby
REV'IT! Sport USA
The collar design is a good idea that was poorly executed. It simply does not work well. A snap positioned on the upper chest would be far more effective. As is the collar just bunches up into a loop and only way to fold it properly is to unvelcro the entire front of the jacket. Its annoying. I have owned the rev'it siracco and the rev'it dragon. I simply never used the collar catch as it was uncomfortable. And yes rev'it still uses cordura on their top end products showing that it is indeed a superior material then the new powershell polyester material they are using on their cheaper stuff.

And if you indeed do work for rev'it how about actually using some 2 way zippers? A 3/4 jacket without one is not the most comfortable to wear.
CreatureCore is offline   Reply With Quote