View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #15
brianwheelies OP
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,471
The bike I went to pick up had some areas that left me a little skeptical.

This was an Aprilia SR50 R Factory with less than 60 miles. Tires still have the nipples from injection molding and the bike was in decent overall condition. However, scratches from storage(AMA pit bike) and body panels this fit slightly odd and a few screws missing allowed my motivation to plummet. Factor in the test ride which saw it get to 30mph decently quick but the transmission having a rattle noise and my feet colder than witches baby milk makers.

I passed. Was a nice scoot though. Reminded me of the build quality of the Ducati and Aprilia full size mounts I have ridden(very solid and over built).

The searching is fun so I will keep looking.

I wouldn't mind a maxi scooter but a good do all machine would be preferred. If someone would make a truly off road worthy 250cc Zuma with TW200-esque styling that could cruise 60 to 70 mph while storing a full face helmet+ under the seat... Street legal Honda EZ90 Cub on steroids?

Getting off on a tangent though. Back to Craigslist.

I really like the Majesty 400's also.

This below is the bike I want to buy. They have been listing for a while and it supposedly is in excellent condition but looks like it has a few marks on the right side running board.

Would be a fly and ride or bus and ride to get it back. If it is still for sale when the weather is better then I may pull the trigger. It says OBO but when I sent the owner an offer they said they would knock $50 off for the permit for a temporary registration. Not much movement.

http://corvallis.craigslist.org/mcy/3502446191.html

brianwheelies screwed with this post 01-10-2013 at 06:24 PM
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote