View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #4283
Ramv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
Big difference

So last month I got my 15k mile service, about 22 months on my 2010. They did another flash and all the usual stuff. New conti trail attacks front and rear. 180 rear. Picked it up with a sinus infection so just rode home and parked it. Finally was warm enough to ride this week. Plugged in the heated gear and headed out. Power wheelie in the cul de sac. Another after the stop sign. Triple digits into the city. Wtf? Not sure if it was the cold weather (30 deg this am) or what but it seem to be throwing down way more power, never power wheelied before other than fully loaded and dropping the clutch at sea level. I have a 14 t countershaft sprocket. I have had a 180 before so I don't think that is releated. 50 yards of spinning the tire when I left the parking garage this evening which may just have been the temps but DTC has been disabled since new since it only engaged on rough roads.. I am really surprised. This bike hasn't been very impressive power wise but maybe after two years its finally coming around. We'll see as it warms up but if you haven't got the 2012 flash, I recommend it!

'07 Super Enduro 950
'96 KLX250R - kind of street legal
Ramv is offline   Reply With Quote