View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
LoneStar OP
WhoopDeDoofus

Oddometer: 1,192
1977 Trans-AMA Motocross, Rabbit Run, Plano/Dallas, TX (need help ID'ing rider pics)

Mods, I have no idea if this is the best forum for this - Jo Momma or The Perfect Line seemed to be the other alternatives so please move if needed

That said, I recently found a set of B&W negs I'd shot at the Trans-AMA race back in 1977 when I was a teenager. It was held October 30, 1977 at Rabbit Run MX Park in Plano, Texas (we local riders never could figure out why they had it there), but I digress. Anyway, "The Man" was there on his Zuki and won, IIRC.

I scanned them all and created a SmugMug gallery for all the world to enjoy - yes even you guys

I've added the names that I could remember (or read off the pics), but if any of you vintage guys recognize the riders, I'd appreciate your input in the comments - that way I can get it fairly accurate for posterity's sake. If I've gotten any rider's wrong please let me know. It's been a while LOL. A little piece of MX history but fun to look back on

BTW I'd forgotten Harley-Davidson had a factory mx team... and that Gary Jones was racing his "Ammex" brand bike with Mexican engine and American frame...

Gallery

Here's a couple images from the lot:

Decoster and Howerton

Stackable, Karsmakers, Smith, DiStefano

LoneStar screwed with this post 01-13-2013 at 05:35 AM
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote