View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #182
TonyBKK OP
Secret Soi Rider

Oddometer: 842
On a whim we decided to see if we could hike down to the base of the falls. There's no trail and no doubt it's against the rules, but there was no one about and I was thinking maybe we'd find some pools we could cool off in at the base of the falls.

It was quite a scramble to get down, but we were rewarded by some nice cold pools and lots of wildflowers-

There were also some fantastic echoes off the granite cliffs and Kristhawee was having a lot of fun yodeling at the top of his lungs

Check out that hole in the granite - The amazing power of water erosion-

Sure enough we found some fantastic pools, freezing cold, but it was a hot day so they felt great!

What an amazing place!

Looking downstream-

My son was enjoying himself immensely-

One of the pools we found at the base of Yosemite Falls. It's hard to get a sense of scale in these pictures-

This picture gives you a better sense of scale-

Now if that perfectly flat boulder isn't the perfect place for a nap in the sun, I don't know what it-

Kristhawee says "help me up!"

I didn't get a phone signal in the valley, but I did up here, so Kristhawee called his mom and grandma. Pretty cool place to place a call!

The sun was hot and we were starting to get sunburned, so found a nice shady spot at the base of a cliff-

Adam had brought along his chess set so we played a few games and I was happy to see that Kristhawee was keep to learn how to play. Kristhawee seemed quite fascinated by Adam's hand rolled cigarettes too...

Father and son at the base of Upper Yosemite Falls, Yosemite National Park, California, USA!
2011 Kawasaki VERSYS!
2005 BMW K1200LT

TonyBKK screwed with this post 01-10-2013 at 11:46 PM
TonyBKK is offline   Reply With Quote