View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #17
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,395
Give poor Drone a break I don't think he's an engineer, on the other hand don't HD rigs have very little or no wheel lead ? DB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post
The Bokad of steering mods.

If you weren't in the states I'd be tempted to let you ride my harley outfit just to get you to shut the fuck up about shit you don't fully understand yet.

Set up , connection points and HOW and WHERE they transfer the weight onto the bike. Wheel lead , track , suspension fulcrum point locations ( take a look at Jay's basic frame - enduro ? and note where the swing arm pivots from - the very rear , thus throwing every last bit of weight onto the steering ) , wheelbase of the bike ... all this plays a critical part of whether the steering is within 90 - 95% of using a trail reduction.

Get a length of heavy steel or a large log ... place a scale at the very ends and see what each one displays ... now move only one towards the center ... keep moving it until you reach the very center ... big difference. The weight of the steel/log hasn't changed but what the scale sees has altered dramatically ... just like the steering on an outfit.

/rant.