View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #963
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,517
Pyndon's thru the stage!

Way to go man! Congrats to Tolmum and the pit crew aka PynDad and the whole PynFam!

It looks like Pyn saw a lot of JohnnyC today, and speaking of Americans, sorry but history compels me to say this...

An American has finished 1st in a Dakar Rally stage and a LONG stage at that! In fact he was first at EVERY checkpoint!

Way to go Kurt Caselli !

But I have to pause for a moment of silence for the seriousness of this event. Our thoughts go out to those connected with the French rider who died today on the road section.

And to me it was especially emotional to hear about yesterday's fatalities and injuries for the support crew on the R2R team. For those who don't know, the Race2Recover.com which is a group of competitors consisting of wounded British soldiers and civilian support staff, including those with missing limbs and many having served multiple tours in the name of our freedom to be able to do things like ride around chasing our dreams in the desert.

Kinda puts things in perspective.

Ok back to Pyndon, thank you so much (and PackMule ) for including us in your efforts. It is so nice to hear the voice and visualize the event as he tells the story of the day! ... and I LOVED LOVED LOVED that slow mo video with the ADV sticker peeking out under his braking toe hehehe..

So far Pyndon's ride feels like Neduro's in that he put in the planning and now is executing THE PLAN, being smart and riding HIS ride, not succumbing to pressures of the moment and making a dumb mistake.

Go Pyndon Go !

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote