Thread: CB desert sled
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #211
Luke OP
GPoET&P

Oddometer: 4,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRjoe View Post
It was just an idea for if you had the swing arm angle where you wanted it but if you want a more progressive shock action and and more anti squat then moving the shock mounts will certainly solve all those at once.

Have you had a look at tony foales book and suspension program? Its a great read and the program really helps with working out suspension geometry.
There is also a program for push bikes that helped me a lot to work out the rear suspension on my project bike, I think it was called linkage but I'm not 100% sure.

I've been borrowing Foales' book for almost a year now, should probably just go and buy my own copy. I wrote some of my own software to figure out linkages and levers and mounting points, but it's always going to be garbage in garbage out.

What did you end up setting the rake to on your drz fork build? I like the idea of just copying the drz rake since the offset (and trail) are already set on the forks but I can only find one second hand source for the rake (27.6 degrees). I can slide the forks to give +/- half a degree on the rake, but would like to start out as close to right as possible.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote