Originally Posted by Rocky TFS
I've been playing with custom POI files after reading Post # 1935-1938 way back in January '12 from DVWalker.
Several of them went well, then I started seeing this behavior: (posted on the Garmin POILoader forum)
Never mind, I solved my own question. I was using a source directory that had a few other files in it that I did not believe POILoader would see, not being *csv or *gpx. Apparently, however, it WAS
parsing these files, and one of them had my home waypoint somewhere in it. (I can't find out which one, but when I moved the source *.csv file into a completely empty folder before running POILoader, the spurious waypoint "Poi" disappeared.)
(Just like the directions say: USE AN EMPTY
FOLDER AS YOUR SOURCE, WITH ONLY THE *GPX OR *CSV FILES IN IT THAT YOU WANT TO CONVERT TO *GPI.!!