View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #676
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulyses View Post
Well, I made it to Lima. ... I'll update later tonight. Cheers!
Whew, glad you made it without the sprocket stripping out on the shaft! If it had the play you recorded in your original post, I don't see how that's possible. But hopefully you pulled the sprocket and verified the shaft is in good shape. Don't forget to grease the splines on the shaft where the sprocket engages. That sprocket should fit the shaft pretty snug, you know... any slop banging back and forth will wipe out the splines on the sprocket and shaft! The teeth didn't look all that worn but certainly have him bring you a new front sprocket! Chain and rear sprocket too, if possible.

Looking forward to another engaging update! Lots of interesting stuff today it sounds like.
Last time I left off in the past I believe you'd made it to Panama. Hard to keep up with two timelines at once.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote