View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #28167
MiamiMotorcyclist
used to be -MiamiUly

Oddometer: 1,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge View Post

Friends' who are into guns suggested a Ruger Mark 3 and 10/22.
Guys at the store's seconded those suggestions but couldn't find any in stock.
Also wanted at least a little kick.
Hadn't shot a 22 since I was a kid but most confirmed it was a bit weak.
So I settled on a Glock 9mm and a M4 looking thing that is 9mm and takes the Glock magazines.
Just Right is the manufacturer.
Picked them up today and going shooting tomorrow.

First observation is it was a helluva lot better shooting ammo given to you rather than having to buy the stuff.

Serge
I recently bought a ruger 10/22. Used to shoot one as a kid.

First shot at the range and I almost wondered if it had fired. A little dissapointing but don't regret buying it. If I could find a place where I could shoot at some cans or something other than paper I'm sure it will be a fun gun.

I then bought a Ruger SR22 pistol, haven't shot it yet but I'm hoping it will be more fun than the 10/22 at the indoor range. The lure of 400 rounds for $20 has me determined to enjoy shooting a .22 to supplement my other guns.

Of course now I have spent a few $$ to have the ability to save money by shooting .22 but hey it is what it is and the SR22 seems like it will be fun.

I have a bad habit of adding, "just one more box of ammo" to my bill at the range. It can add up quickly with 45 or even 9mm at the rate I go.
Now I hope to shoot that one box of the fun stuff and plink away with the .22 for a while instead of doing the, "just one more box of ammo" thing.