View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
TBDucatista OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Best 3-4 season jacket under $600 for Florida commuter

Hi Inmates - I've been hunting for a new jacket since September and haven't been able to pull the trigger. Originally had my eye on the Rukka Armax, or Spidi's Ergo 365 Pro, but in the end, I couldn't justify shelling out for a jacket that costs more than most high quality jackets+pants+Sidi Adventure Gore-tex boots. Now I'm looking for a 3-4 season textile that would be suitable for Florida commuting, which means heat, humidity, and rain. I have been looking at jackets in the Dainese Bruce Gore-tex/Spidi Marathon vein. Needs to be durable, well made, and preferably available in a tall cut. I'm 6'2", 175lbs, so euro-cut is fine for me. I've been doing so much reading and research, that I have completely spun myself out and landed in a state of total indecision.

Hoping to get your experiences/opinions with gear in hot and humid environs. I tried an half hour of searches, but didn't stumble upon a direct answer to my question. Apologies if this specific set of criteria has been discussed ad nauseum.
TBDucatista is offline   Reply With Quote