View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #7
pdedse OP
paraelamigosincero

Oddometer: 1,111
So obviously this isn't a RTW trip, not even a cross a continent one...heck, it's not even a tour of Costa Rica. I have six weeks to do day trips, weekend trips, taking my time getting to know the area around Pérez-Zeledón.

I love this part of CR. My first trip to PZ (alias "San Isidro del General") was back in 1988 as a student while studying in San José. I made the trip to climb "el cerro Chirripó", a hike that I've done 5 times over the years. I hope to go again during this trip. Some students seem interested in going as well. To get there, you have to take a bus, drive, or ride your brand new Brazilian made HONDA CGL-125 from PZ (San Isidro on the map) to the cute little town of San Gerardo de Rivas. From there you've got a spectacular hike from about 4000 ft to some 12500' plus.

Hiking Chirripó from 2003. I know riders sometimes don't have the time on their long trips, but if you're heading through CR on your way to Panamá, doing this hike would allow you to stretch your legs a bit. Need 2-3 days.

You'll have the chance to fill your lungs with clean air!

Your body and legs will thank you for getting back on the bike after this hike.
pdedse is offline   Reply With Quote