View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #1251
JackJack
Dulce Periculum
 
JackJack's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: MN
Oddometer: 363
Should I stay or should I go

Hi John! The wanna-be accountant in me is adding up the expenses for each travel option.

Boat: $20 day living expenses while waiting and while on the boat. Multiply that by 2 weeks searching a boat and 1 week on the boat: $420 and 21 days not really riding. Now add the cost of the boat ride. Let's say for kicks $400. That brings the boat to $820, 21 days lost, and a crap ton of loading and unloading hassle/risk.

Plane: $900, maybe a couple days lost waiting for the next flight.

If it were me, I would be on the plane, but I don't care much for open water and am quite impatient. Of course, my numbers are a huge guesstimate and may not be anywhere close to real cost.

Looking forward to hearing how it all pans out.
__________________

JackJack is offline   Reply With Quote