View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #695
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulyses View Post
...He told me that the splines on the countershaft were fine but that the front sprocket needed to be replaced right away. He also told me that my rear sprocket was serviceable, but that I should probably replace it when I got to Santiago, Chile...

I agree with the service manager. The rear sprocket looks pretty good, but the C/S sprocket needs to be replaced. Your countershaft splines are fine, but I am concerned with the rust. Keep using the wider, XR650R C/S sprocket. Also, make sure you lubricate the countershaft with grease before you install another XR650R C/S sprocket.

I think your countershaft splines would have been stripped by now if you had not installed the wider, XR650R C/S sprocket.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote